Friday, April 10, 2009

Double Layer Veggie Pizza!






Start off with a Pizza dough crust (I use store bought: Bertolli)
add tomoato sauce or pizza sauce (you can make from scratch, but I don't)
set aside.
Bust out your cutting board and start with red bell peppers, I use about half of one, cut into little bite size slizes, next start chopping red onion (any kind of onion is really fine) I leave about 1-2 inch long, thin, slices, you can also chop some tomato up if you're into that. I also cut up about 2 garlic cloves. Now pre-heat your pan to give these veggies a quick saute, use a tbls of olive oil. While that's going I cut up the broccoli I wait until the end so those little green pieces don't get EVERYWHERE. I use only the crown and I cup up smaller than bite size. If you're a mushroom person you could add them here now. After you cut/chop/smash all the veggies add them to the hot, oiled pan and cook for about 3 minutes, just move them around once and a while and get the onions translucent.
While that is cooking get your mozzerella cheese (you can use a vegan substitue) and add a THIN layer to the pizza.
take the veggies, remove from heat, add about 1/2 to the pizza, spread even over the cheese and sauce.
Add a 2nd layer of cheese, this one also should be thin.
Add the rest of the veggies on top of this layer and spread evenly, finally add the last of the cheese. you can use as much or as little as you like. Usually, I end up using about 1/2- 3/4 of a bag of cheese.
add to the oven, 450 degrees, bake as directed (usually 8-10 minutes).
Remove, allow to cool and then serve! yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment