Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tilling the Soil

Does it count as D.I.Y. if I get Husband to do it for me?

I'm going to say, yes... Anyway, yesterday, Husband rototilled the back yard for me (and himself)!! He's been getting into yard maintenance lately (that dad gene must be kicking in), and his nice patch of grass is staying a lovely shade of green. He also wants me to start gardening almost as much as I want to, so when my dad offered to let us use his rototiller, Husband gladly went to their home to pick it up.

Because of various circumstances my dad's tiller was actually brand new, he hadn't even taken it out of the box, so Husband had to assemble, disassemble, reassemble, reread the manual, reassemble, curse, and then finally attempt it's first use. It turned on for about 3 seconds and then promptly turned off. After more cursing and assembling and new gasoline, he attempted it yet again on day 2. Sweet Success! It worked! and he spend most of last evening tilling our crab grass infested side yard.

don't believe me? take a look for yourself:

When we first moved in:


After some maintenance:


During tilling:


After tilling:


Soon this area will be filled with my squash seedlings and maybe my tomato and carrot seedlings too!!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment