Sunday, February 20, 2011

Baked Pie-less Apples

On a cloudy Sunday morning in Phoenix, I decided to have a fancy breakfast with my husband and these Pie-less apples are the result.  My sister made something similar once before, but I just sort of winged this one.




What you'll need:
Apple
Strudel Mixture (3/4 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 cup brown sugar, oatmeal.  mix then add 1/2 cup butter)

What you'll do:
Cut apple in half, and remove core.  sprinkle with as much of the strudel mixture as you'd like and save the rest in your fridge for another apple pie-less morning.  (The mix I used was left over from when I made apple pie 2 weeks ago, which is what the measurements above are actually for) put in toaster oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

Waffles pictured from the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment