Friday, July 1, 2011

D.I.Y. Ruffle Tank

Materials:
Ripped tank top (the straps are coming off)
Stretchy Ribbon (purchased months ago to make headbands)
Sewing Pins
Sewing Machine.




Pin ruffles onto tanktop THEN cut off the extra ribbon:
I tried two ways to pin the ribbon...

Do NOT pin like this, it was NOT easy to remove the pins as I went.

DO pin the ribbon like this it WAS easy to remove them vertically.

I wrapped the ribbon around the back to secure the rip.


Sometimes my sewing machine hates me.  THIS IS NOT WHAT IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE.

 After I fixed the problem, it did it AGAIN.

But I didn't give up, and thankfully Husband continued watching Cupcake.  I pulled all of this thread out and tried AGAIN. This time it WORKED!
Sweet Success!



Sorry, my lighting in my bedroom is awful, but you get the idea.

Happy upcycling and tank top fixing!

No comments:

Post a Comment