Monday, September 5, 2011

Momma Monday No. 54

Monday, Sonja and I went to the office and filed some bills. Normally, she falls alseep there and I can work on a variety of things, but today, not so much.  After grabbing the recycling and loading it into my car, we headed to the grocery store for some dinner ingredients not available at the farmers market.

While out and about I noticed something new in her mouth, a little white spec on her top gum, since battling the thrush, I've been extra aware of anything WHITE in her mouth, but this wasn't thrush, it was a tooth!  not quite cut, but at the surface breaking through!  Her first tooth! at 11 months on the top, such a major milestone.  For a while there, I thought she was going to have to eat her birthday cake with her bear gums :)

On Tuesday, I taught my first after school drawing class since Sonja was born!  It was fun to hang out and draw with third and fourth graders.  Their style is so raw and inspiring.  I'm glad Daddy gets some father daughter time too, while I teach. After the class, we headed to my friend Tracy's going away party.  She's leaving for the Pacific Northwest and I'm going to miss her lots.  She was my midwife's assistant at Sonja's birth and  hugged me while I labored, and fed me yogurt after I was done.  She did Sonja's newborn exam with my midwife and was one of the first people I let hold my daughter.  I'm so sad for her to leave, but so happy to visit her there.


After the farewells, we had a birthday to attend {yes, all in one night}.  Our friend JP turned 30 this week and we celebrated by bowling!




Such Serious Conversations :)



Vegan Carrot Cake with Cinnamon Bear numbers?!  Yes, please.
Erin {his sister} made this delicious cake!


I can't believe I don't know this gal better! Must change that ASAP.
We've hung out a handful of times with friends and if you can't tell from the photo; she has an awesome sense of humor.  

This past Wednesday, I met my brother in law's best friend to go shopping, he hooked me up with his anthro. discount and I bought everything on my want list!
Can I just tell you how excited I am to use those bowls at Sonja's birthday party?

After shopping I taught my first High School classes of the year.  We went over the syllabus {my least favorite thing as a teacher and student}.  I'm so excited to see what amazing things they will create this year,
I've got seriously talented girls and they blew me away with their work last year!

Thursday was kind of an important day, I had a dentist appointment for the cavity I've been complaining about for weeks.  I couldn't find a sitter so Sonja joined me, appropriate because she cut her FIRST tooth that morning!  They also let her choose a toy from the toy bin (even though I didn't really want her to), she picked this green little doggy.
September 1, 2011

September is here, but in Phoenix that doesn't mean anything, it's still hot and sometimes I feel like September should be counted as 4 more weeks of summer.  BUT, Friday was overcast and cooler so for the first time in probably 12 weeks, we went to the park!  Cupcake's leaps in verbal and physical communication was so obvious at the park, she was pointing at everything and running around.
We watched the ducks and played in the grass.  She got muddy and stained her pants.  I love that my little girl is into getting messy!  I am also so intrigued by the way she interacted with the "wild"life.  She was cautious approaching the ducks and birds, observant, really.  I love seeing the primal instincts in babies and small children, before society and this culture have influenced their ability to read their surroundings.

After the park, I headed to school to teach art.  We are learning about prehistoric art, keep an eye out for my Artist of the Week feature, it should be making a comeback here over the next few months.

Saturday evening we headed to a friend's house for a small dinner party.  It was nice to get out, get dressed up a little and eat some yummy food.  Their little boy is about 9 months older than Sonja, so they play really well together.




Luckily, I did get a few photos of Cupcake and I.
This is just the only blog friendly one.

I made the salad, and we brought the bread and balsamic.
And, in case you couldn't tell from the photo, it was all delicious.


On Sunday, we headed out for coffee and breakfast.  Lux is one of my favorite coffee shops in Phoenix and  now that they've upgraded to a larger building with a patio, we've been letting Sonja run around.  She loves the new space and the freedom.  She's quite the independent baby.
Berry and Cheese Danish.

Running around.

Before.
Their coffee and house made whipped cream are my favorite, but they're food is also amazing!

After.

We ended Sunday with swimming at the In-Laws and having a few friends and family over for pizza. Sonja thought that would be a good time to fall forward to into a chair she was pushing and split open her two front gums.  She bled all over my shirt and Husband told me not to "let" her do that again.   This week, this baby has fallen off the bed onto tile, almost giving me a heart attack, and busted open her lip.  I'm not sure I love this active mobility as much as I thought.  I hate watching someone I love get hurt and I know this is only the beginning.  The joke in my husband's family is that he is Destructo-man and, now, I've got Destructo-Baby... Hopefully, I can keep her out of the emergency room before she's a year, but the odds are not in my favor.

Anyway, hope you all had a great week and are enjoying Labor day.

Happy Momma Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment