Saturday, January 7, 2012

Salvage Chalkboard Emily's Bedroom & Future Classroom

My friend Jessica works at her church in the youth ministries department and when she mentioned some unused chalk boards I practically screamed!  I wanted one and she and Hubs picked it up for me!  After a few weeks months stored outside we finally installed it in Emily's room, which will eventually function as a proper guest room and classroom.   My dad, Husband and I hung it up and here a few images and tips in case you find and buy one at your local thrift store...

Use blue painter's tape to mark where the studs are in the wall, they're easier to spot than pencil marks and they allow for you to see the thickness of the studs and make sure your screws are centered.

Don't worry about scratches from hanging and aligning the board, it's an easy fix with a little paint!

Choosing the right bit for your drill might be time consuming and annoying but it's important to find a bit that has maximum surface contact, you don't want to strip out the x, otherwise you'll never get the screw out {then again why would you ever take down this beauty?!}

Use a level. duh.


Happy Chalk Board Installing!




2 comments:

  1. So cool! Our boys would LOVE that! But then I may end up with more drawings on our walls than are already there...but at least it would be chalk, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not my first time to go to see this web page,
    i am browsing this web page dailly and get fastidious information from here everyday.


    My web blog ... social bookmarks service

    ReplyDelete