Sunday, February 5, 2012

Anti Candida Diet {week 4}

Today is the first day of week four of my anti candida diet.  My symptoms are gone thanks to another round of treatment from my wonderful Natruropath Doctor.  But even though I was being really strict in the first few weeks I wasn't feeling better right away, so she wants me to stay on it longer. Which sort of sucks but also is not so bad now that I'm used to it.  I did negotiate one slice of toast a week, and enjoyed that slice with an egg bake at Lux today. SO GOOD.

After this experience I realize how bad sugar is for me, I don't plan on cooking with sugar once I finish what I own probably ever again... I will use honey {which can still trigger yeast growth} in moderation.  I'm used to stevia now in most things so I'll continue using that.  I might eat sugar for special occasions, but my skin is just so clear and healthy I don't want to ruin that!

So what have I been eating {please excuse the iphone pics}??
Asian stir fry {no carrots though, I just found out!}

Quinoa Casserole modified no tortilla and homemade enchilada sauce, no cheese

See Wednesday's meal plan below...

So Excited to find these!! 

Homemade salsa and GF CF chips!

Quinoa yeast free crust with buternut squash {maybe not allowed?? conflicting info}, onions, broccoli and fresh organic mozzarella balls

Spaghetti Squash and kale see Saturday's meal below... 


Meal plan this week:
Last night, Saturday; spaghetti squash with sauteed kale, walnuts, onion, garlic, garbanzo beans, herbs and feta
Sunday; True food, several items on their menu are safe!
Monday; Asian stir fry {quinoa, egg, broccoli, bock choy, lime and ginger}
Tuesday; Bean and rice bowl with homemade salsa, avocado and my new gluten/corn free chips!
Wednesday; Brown Rice Linguine with almond milk and butter garlic sauce and baked eggplant with mozzarella
Thursday; GF quinoa quiche crust with tomato, brussel sprouts, broccoli and feta
Friday; Lamb with cauliflour, celery, and any other approved veggies

snacks:
green apples with almond butter
GF corn free chips and salsa
almonds

breakfast and desert:
plain full fat organic yogurt and 5 drops vanilla flavored stevia

I'm going to make sugarless donuts on Valentines day, and probably eat chocolate too, but then I'll go back strong on this diet for as long as she likes, or until the next big event... like Wayne and Gretchen's wedding!

Happy Healthy Healing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment