Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pregnancy Round 2 {9, 10, 11 & 12 Weeks}


Wow, so it's been a while, I know.  Sorry, life got away from me. But I'm finally ready to post all about the last four weeks of pregnancy!

Week 9 was a smooth week.  I didn't get any morning sickness; I was just tired.  Sonja did lift up my shirt to tell a total stranger that there was a baby in my tummy.  Which was both extremely cute and utterly mortifying since you know I'm the only one who really speaks "Sonja."  It sounded sometime like, "Mommy ha ba bee in 'er ummy!" I can to clarify, "I'm pregnant."

Up until 10 weeks I would notice myself looking in the mirror thinking, "Jenn, you're getting kind of pudgy, don't skip yoga this week!" then remembering, I'm pregnant, not fat...  I also noticed my morning sickness likes to skip weeks.  Wednesday, when I was working, I threw up and felt awful, but I wanted to drop something off at my midwife's, since her office is close to mine.  When I got there {without an appointment} she noticed I didn't look too good, and made me some ginger {from fresh ginger} tea and gave me a foot massage.  She also left me in the room to nap until I felt good enough to drive home.  I can not stress the difference of prenatal care between and OB and a midwife.  Yes, I have to pay for her out of pocket {and if I cared I could get somewhat reimbursed} but there is no way to explain the love a midwife offers until you've experienced their care.  I don't know if high risk pregnancies can have midwives for prenatal care, but even if you're planning a hospital birth interview some midwives and see if they can provide your prenatal care, every mom to be deserves this kind of care and attention.

Week 11 went by like a breeze.  A little too quick or smooth for my likes, I actually forgot I was pregnant a few times and once again would notice myself looking in the mirror for a while before remembering I had more than just a food baby in my tummy.

Week 12 was rough.  I got a cold or sinus infection on Wednesday and thought I was taking care of it until Thursday evening when I couldn't get out of bed.  After a good rinse with my Nedi pot {and boiled water! allowed to cool} I could feel a huge release of pressure.  Friday morning I got a bout of morning sickness and threw up my orange juice, then felt great for the rest of the rainy day. Saturday though, I was back in bed until my mom's birthday dinner.  Sunday I felt okay but stayed in bed resting all morning until my afternoon massage.  I know Husband was getting frustrated that he was doing EVERYTHING around the house.  I know my extended family was helping a lot too, but I couldn't move.  Every time I got up, I thought I was going to pass out.  So, I accepted the subtle resentment and said my thank yous, but there is nothing more frustrating than loosing my independence and I hate that pregnancy does that too me.


Oh and I also think I felt some fluttering in week 12, I know that's really, really early but I wasn't gassy and I felt something in my lower abdomen that was strikingly similar to when I started noticing sonja kicking (last time I was about 15 weeks).  It's probably my imagination but still it made the whole thing feel more real, like there really is something in there, because honestly I don't look all that pregnant yet, and I'm not joking when I say I forget I'm pregnant from time to time.

Anyway, I'm excited to finish off 13 weeks strong so I can finally be done with the first trimester; which is, by far, my least favorite part of pregnancy!

I'll update you again in a few weeks.
Jenn



You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment