Friday, August 30, 2013

Speaking of NYC... {flashback friday edition}

 Here are the only surviving images from my first trip there with my now husband.  This was back in 2005 {I think}.  My hard drive crashed but these were salvagable and since I wasn't blogging with them I never shared them, but after our recent trip I found them for you all, enjoy...
First view as we entered the city. 
Somewhere in SoHo

and did I mention it rained? a lot.

When we went to the where the World Trade Center's had stood we found protesters and a construction site.
And while we were in the financial district we grabbed a photo with the Wall Street Bull.
Balls.
We ended up in near the Brooklyn Bridge...

And found some corporate art.
I think this is a piece by Calder.
Some beautiful architecture, home to some dirty birds.


I thought this was St. Patrick's Cathedral, but now I'm not so sure. 
Back in New Jersey we went to dinner with Husband's aunt and unlce.  These pieces were probably washed away by Hurricane Sandy, but they were carved after September 11, 2001 by a set of Italian artists.  
a few baby birds I found near the restaurant.
On one of the days into The City we took the ferry, perfect view of Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty
We also went to MoMa for a day.  Here's a few images... 
Still one of my favorite pieces.


And I love this commentary on domestication...

And if I could have a dresser like this I would. 
Back in New Jersey! 
And then we went home.

That's if of NYC.

for now...




You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment