Saturday, January 29, 2011

Shower Time!

So, I know this might sound strange but, we don't do "bath" time.  We do "SHOWER" time!  And Sonja loves it.  When our childbirth educator mentioned it to us, I thought, "Oh, gosh.  No.  That sounds dangerous.  I'd drop her for sure!" but, No.  I didn't and neither has husband.

I don't like baths for 2 reasons.
1. I feel like she's more likely to drown.  (for some reason the drowning fear is stronger than the dropping fear)
2. She pooped in the tub twice (while I was in it with her).

Drying off, after her shower, last night.

So, we shower.  I get in, take my shower while husband preps baby.  I finish cleaning myself then Cupcake gets passed in.  Husband undresses and joins us.  I hold Little Miss and he washes her.  We rinse her, then I pass her off and get out.  I get dried and dressed (quickly) and take her.  He finishes showering while I dry her off and get her ready.  SHE LOVES SHOWERS.  There is a super sweet sense of calmness about her while she's in the shower.  And surprisingly, a wet baby is not a slippery baby.  She is getting a little heavy to hold this way though and we might have to transition to sink washing soon, but for now we love shower time.

Happy Saturday!


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment