Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Holy Hell, My Nipples are On Fire.

and not in a funny way...

But that way that makes you want to blow up buildings kind of way.  It fucking hurts.  I know I've been talking about thrush a lot, and what the hell is it anyway?  Well it's a yeast fungus, Candida, that is common in most mouths {and on bodies} but when you ph is off (or you're on antibiotics or you have AIDS) you can get a full on attack from it.  It's very common in babies, and they pass it to the nipples of their breastfeeding mothers (or their fake nipples on bottles) and then reinfect themselves.  The nipple pain was manageable at first, just a bit sore. I started both of us on treatment right away but when I was sick we slacked and now we're making up for it.   It's important to treat it right away otherwise the damage to the nipples can cause mastitis AND it can be painful in the mouth for the poor babe.

Anyway, I just needed to rant for a minute.  I'm sure I'll get over this soon, and when I do I'll post a how to guide, but I want to share real information not theories.

that's all for now.



1 comment: