Wednesday, August 17, 2011

D.I.Y. Repel Bugs Naturally

I found this cheat sheet in a ripped out magazine page while I was cleaning out my chaos room office and I thought I'd share it with you all.
Ants; use peppermint essential oil or citronella essential oil, use 3-5 drops wherever you'd like to be ant free such as doorways and windows.

Blackflies; cinnamon oil or turmeric oil, spray or dab on clothing and/or skin.

Cockroaches; citrus oil, especially kaffir lime oil, spray on problem areas, drains, under the sink, anywhere.

Mosquitoes; catnip oil or thyme oil, spray or dab on clothing and/or skin.

Ticks; lemon eucalyptus oil, spray or dab on clothing and/or skin.



Wish I would have found this at the beginning of summer, oh well, better late than never...





1 comment:

  1. Andy informed me that adding a few drops of dr bronners is very effective for aphids and other soft bodied insects.

    ReplyDelete