Monday, September 17, 2012

D.I.Y. Washi Tape Cupcake Toppers

Sonja turns 2 in just a few short weeks.  Each week I've attempted to complete a project for the party, this week I made the cupcake flags using tooth picks from the dollar store and washi tape from Sweet Shop Lulu.  You'll also need scissors if you want the same look.

 I just tore a 4 inch strip of tape, stuck a tooth pick in the middle and folded the two sticky sides together...

 Then cut out a triangle shape from the end.
 As I got a feel for it, I tore a few strips at once and did a few at a time.
 I also found using my leg {as pictured below} really helped!
 I found I could cut up to about 4 at the same time without any weird issues.
 Super simple, I made about 20 in 7 minutes.  I can't wait to stick them in some cupcakes!
 below: the scraps:


Happy Crafting and Party Prepping!
Jenn



You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs


No comments:

Post a Comment