Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Healthy French Toast Casserole.



For my sister in law's Bridal shower, her Aunt made an amazing French Toast Casserole, I ate the leftovers all week.  But I knew there was tons of fat in that version so I came up with this healthier option, which is still full of flavor, but not as much cream cheese.

Mix, 1 stick melted butter with 1/2 cup coconut sugar, tons of cinnamon, some nutmeg, 5 eggs and 1 1/2 almond milk.  

In a 9x13 pan place torn up slices of bread to fill the bottom, place pecan chunks on top of that layer then add another layer of bread.  Cover all the bread evenly with the egg & milk mixture.

Allow to sit for an hour to as long as over night.

Bake at 350* F for 30 minutes, if you'd like it cooked a little more maybe 35-40 minutes.
{I reheat ours during the week so I don't mind if it isn't fully cooked through}

It's actually sweet enough, you don't even need maple syrup!



Enjoy easy breakfast for a few days!
-Jenn




You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment