Today was another park day. I'm making a serious effort to go to the park at least once a week, as you may remember from my last A Day at the Park post. My reasoning for including the park as part of our weekly ritual is:
1. I get to walk around outside (is there anything else I need to add?)
2. Sonja gets to see plants and animals in an otherwise large city.
3. Sonja gets to touch said plants and maybe eventually animals.
4. I plan on "Non-Schooling" Cupcake, this means we will be using the Socratic method or child lead learning. She will ask questions and I (or someone more educated) will give answers. By starting off at the park she can ask questions about nature, learn about seasons, consider urban vs. wild, experience many sensations and textures, and more.
5. It's a nice mini field trip out of the house.
Our Shadows by the Roses and Fountains
The Ducks, they thought we had food...
A leaf in the fountain.
Pretty fountain with birds all around.
Cupcake staring up at the trees
Her view of the tree
Laying down in the grass
Fun edited photo of The Sweetness standing up in the grass
Hope you enjoy the Photos. I've noticed his blog has slowly shifted from doing it yourself to momming it yourself. I plan to post more D.I.Y. ideas but, I'm caught up in Sonja's awesomeness. If you're reading this blog for crafty projects click the D.I.Y. category link on the right. Hopefully, I'll have some new projects for you soon!