Monday, August 8, 2011

Momma Monday No. 50

Here's my reflection on this week's Journey as a Wife, Mother, Sister, Artist and Photographer.  Enjoy.


Monday, Sonja and I went to work for a few hours.  I LOVE this new set up.  There are some things I have to do at the office and not from home.  All the files, bill and checks are there, so to be able to go to work with my daughter in tow and get things done is amazing!  She's pretty independent so letting her run around my receptionist space is a great option, but as soon as she gets fussy, I nurse her and then drop her milk comma body into her moby wrap.  It helps that I time it so we're there for nap time, she sleeps on me while I make the weekly phone calls, check email and pay bills.  I am not even joking when I say this is possible because of the moby!

Tuesday was interesting... I was driving to meet a sweet family at The Phoenix Children's Museum to take photos of their 2 month old daughter when my car started flickering the battery light and making awful sounds.  After a minor panic attack {I had Sonja in the car and it's oh, 100+ degrees outside} I was able to make it to the parking lot.  Turns out it was the water pump busting... fixed now thanks to my awesome friend but still, what a way to start the day!



The photographs turned out great, so, I can't complain.  {Thanks to Brittany for helping!}  And they were sweet enough to give Cupcake and I a ride to our Midwives' office.

Because, there, we had our monthly Eats on Feets meet up!  Perfect timing because it was World Breastfeeding Week!  I rave about these women all the time, but they seriously mean the world to me!  I have only fed two of the babies, once each, but I support and facilitate the Central AZ chapter along with a few other AMAZING women and the time we get each month, to talk about milk of course. but also; birth stories, miscarriages, life, husbands, and so much more is what I look forward to most.  If you are having a hard time breastfeeding and need milk or support find an eats on feets chapter and start meet ups!  They are perfect for milk swapping and source nursing.
How generous are the mamas in my community!

My car was still out of commission on Wednesday.  So, I had to borrow my mom's to do everything I needed to.  Wednesday is my weekly errand day, Lush, Godiva, and Trader Joe's!  After running errands in her luxury cross over we headed to the Midwives' office for a Stay at Home Moms group meet up.  Organic snacks and happy babies what else can a mama ask for?!

Thursday was my much anticipated Clothing Swap!  I blogged about it here and here.  It was such a success! I got so many great items for FREE.  My daughter kept herself busy with all the other babies.  One sweet lady brought all 8 of her kids! yes, eight!  And they were so well behaved, her oldest daughter was super helpful, making sure my sweet Cupcake didn't climb up the stairs.  I am going to have to schedule another one this fall/winter for anyone and everyone who couldn't make it.

After a long busy day, we drove to Tempe to pick up my car from that great friend of ours.  Husband drove my well working car home and we called it a night! I can not explain how thankful I am for my friends and community.  Everyone I have in my life is someone who is caring and honest and thoughtful.  They are willing to help when necessary.  I strive to do this for others and I fail.  Miserably.  I just hope all my friends and family know how much they mean to me and how hard I'm trying.  I want to be as selfless and giving as they are.  I am working on it.

Friday, we normally go swimming with my BIL but he was out of town documenting the tour of Out of Reverie up the west coast.  Instead, we hung out at home, Sonja napped in funny positions and then we headed out for coffee.  It's my daily weakness and I don't care how much money I spend.  I know it's silly to spend $5 on a cup of coffee, but if that's the cost of my mental stability, something to do, somewhere to go, I don't give a fuck I going to get it.  We'll see what I think about that in a few short weeks when its time to buckle down and start saving again for Seattle, First Birthdays and Credit Cards, but until then Viva Cafe!

Friday Evening was open Mic Night at Midwives Rising {I'm not sure if you noticed, but yes, I was at MR EVERYDAY except Monday this week}.



We went out for tacos after.  It was the BEST Mexican food I've ever had at Taqueria los yaquis.  I mean, so freaking good.
 Anyway after Tacos we headed home and I had a serious headache, and I thought Cupcake would fall right asleep after such an eventful evening.  But she had different plans, we nursed from 10:30pm until after midnight, when she finally fell asleep.  She was so fussy and cranky, I think she might actually be starting the teething process!

Saturday was Johann's 1st birthday, we rushed to the farmer's market early and then headed to Tempe to celebrate with our baby buddy!  We ate some yummy frittata and fruit salad, then the babes played outside in the baby pool.
Cupcake was asleep upon arrival...




Sunday, before grocery shopping, we went on a breakfast date to jobot coffee for coffee and crêpes! yes. crêpes, in Phoenix.  I've been searching for somewhere to compare to my French cravings and I think this place might have done it.





buy one! ! or two!

Banana with nutella and whipped cream.

Black bean, pesto, spinach and savory goodness!


After a sweet morning I headed to my blogging buddy Jaymee's yoga class at Spirit of Yoga which is sort of hidden and delightfully so!  The classroom faced a pond full of ducks and turtles!  There were no mirrors in the room, which was a nice change for me, it took my focus off my visual body and forced me to feel the positions.  I had also never had the chance to practice with Mexican blankets, but boy do they make the experience much more comfortable!
Such a calming space

With a sleeping baby in my arms, I'm calling it a week!  Happy Monday! Momma Monday that is :)


Time to vote? Please and Thank You!
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun (other than the car debacle). What camera do you have? I'm in the market for a new one, so am always looking for suggestions. I can't decide whether I should save up for a really nice DSLR (but hard to take everywhere) or just go with the Nikon Powershot S95 that has some amazing features.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Canon rebel but I want the 60D which my sister has. some of the baby shots are with hers. They turned out way better than mine.

    ReplyDelete