Tuesday, July 9, 2013

D.I.Y. Cupcake: European Planning Post no. 4

It's been a while since I've talked about the trip!

Yes, we're still going, we just got a little busy with a new baby.

However, in the past few months we've ordered our passports {6-9 months out}

We tried scheduling an appointment at a local passport application office {many listed on the .gov website} but found out that many of them were not certified so after calling around only the 615 W. Jackson Street {Phoenix, AZ} application office was WALK IN approved.  Husband came home early on a Tuesday so we could both go.  Both parents must be present for issuing a minor's passport under the age of 16 {or a written reason why with notarization must be provided- which was just as much effort}.  So we decided we should both just go.


Cost for myself's renewal was 100 + 25 Maricopa County processing fee
Sonja's 80+ 25 fee
Vera's 80 + 25 fee
Total: $335 

Thankfully, Husband's is still good for a few more years.  The girls' will only be good for 5 years and mine for another 10.

I also, finally, ordered my backpack! I ordered it from REI since Husband is a member.

I plan on wearing Vera while in Europe {in an Ergo carrier & my friend, Danny, told me Kelty makes a carrier/backpack combo.} so, I tried them both on to make sure I could do both...


We also ordered Sonja a few merino wool pieces from REI on sale.  We still need to buy quite a few warm clothed items for the kiddos but we're doing it slowly so it's not a huge purchase.  We need to order our Eurail Passes sometime within the next few months {I'd like to do it by the end of July since that will be about 5-6 months out from the trip} and then the rest is just saving for food and fun.  I *might* book a hotel in Luzern since we were supposed to stay with friends but I don't like to inconvenience anyone.  If we have extra left over I will see what hotels are available.  Otherwise, all the major purchases have been made!

More updates to come as we get closer!!


You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment